Here are a few tips to ensure you tow safely.
- Make your drive more comfortable and save by towing at least 10km/h or less below the designated speed limit.
- Travelling at a lesser speed will save fuel which is beneficial when travelling long distances.
- Never drive too close behind other vehicles as it will take longer to stop.
- Travelling at a slower speed may mean you need to pull over when possible and allow the cars behind to pass.
- Keep to the left when driving on dual lanes and overtaking lanes as this will allow the faster traffic to pass.
- Allow for increased time and distance required when overtaking due to larger overall rig length and check the mirrors before pulling out.
- When travelling downhill a lower gear must be used. This gives better control and reduces the load on your brakes.