Caravan and camping can be enjoyed all year round however there is no quicker way to ruin a camping trip than being cold, however if you are prepared it can be prevented.
Winter is here, so here are a few tips to help you stay warm while experience the great outdoors.
- Stay active
- Select a protected campsite
- Stay dry
- Stay hydrated and eat (plenty) of warm foods as calories burn calories and use hot drinks to warm up quickly, especially before bed
- Layer your clothing using the 3-layer rule; a base layer, a middle layer and an outer layer
- Keep warm when sleeping by using an insulated sleeping bag, blankets, socks and beanie
- Keep a hot water bottle handy for when the temperature drops
- Fluff up your sleeping bag before going to bed so the fibres in the material aren’t flat as the air between the fibres is what holds the heat
- If camping in a tent, use a good insulating sleeping mat and keep vents open in tents to allow moisture from your breath to escape and note cause condensation
- Last but not least, snuggling around a fire with a hot cuppa and a friend
By having appropriate clothing, bedding and accessories you can enjoy camping even on chilly nights!