Fun Ways to Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Nature and the great outdoors can encourage imagination and inquisitiveness.
During the cooler months take advantage of discovering a different holiday and reconnect with nature, family and yourself.
Time in the outdoors has proven to make people happier and healthier in the natural sunlight.
Here are some simple activities that are fun and build those special caravan or camping holiday memories.
- Stop and explore your surroundings by using your senses – eyes, ears, nose and fingers
- Listen to the roar of the ocean with a seashell to your ear
- Look into rock pools and discover who or what lives there
- Skip flat rocks across the water
- Look out for birds and listen to their sounds
- Watch insects and animals go about their daily routine
- Collect small natural items such as bird feathers, rocks and seashells
- Gaze at the night stars and locate the Southern Cross
- Lay on the ground and watch the clouds and the shapes they may make
- Be mesmerized by a campfire, maybe toast marshmallows
- Go for a hike and look at the environment including trees, plants and waterfalls
- Experience the Sunrise and Sunset