Situated on the western shore of Lake Burrendong, this park is an excellent base from which to explore the Wellington, Dubbo and Orange regions.
For day trippers or for those staying longer, our kiosk sells hot food, cold drinks, coffee, ice, fishing gear and bait, sunscreen and other goodies. Pick up your goods for a picnic or for your camp or caravan site.
Lake Burrendong offers year around attractions for fishing enthusiasts, nature lovers, bushwalkers, campers and picnickers. The Park is ideal for boating, sailing, swimming and water skiing during the spring and summer months. There is also a water-slide and swimming pools for all age fun – right next to the kiosk.
Rod and reel enthusiasts will be thrilled with the fishing. Redfin are a top catch along with abundant Catfish, Murray Cod and Golden Perch (yellow belly). Try your luck catching some yabbies along the shoreline. It’s easy and great fun for the kids and they are just the thing to cook on the open fire. Established 50 years ago, the Burrendong Botanic Gardens and Arboretum adjacent to the park specialises in creating eco systems with native plants; the fern gully is just beautiful. Subtropical vegetation, native animals and local bird life are all around and a visit to the lookout is well worthwhile.
- Water Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Dogs are welcome on many of our camp and powered sites.
- When in the park, please keep your dog on a lead at all times and, of course, pick up after them. In consideration of, and for the safety of other guests, barking or aggressive dogs are not permitted in the park.
- Please check with the park manager if you have any questions.
- Disabled access amenities are available at the park.
- Please speak to reception when booking or on arrival for detail.