Perfect for your next camping trip – Campfire Nachos are simple and no fuss needed.
They can be made from can or fresh ingredients and you can make it as elaborate as you want and best of all they can be eaten with your fingers.
- Corn Chips
- Grated Cheese
- Jar of Salsa
- Toppings (all optional) – Bolognese Sauce, olives, diced tomatoes, beans, diced onion, sour cream, guacamole. All optional or create your own.
- Disposable aluminium tray
- Campfire – pre heat the coals but ensure they are not too hot.
- It is recommended that a grate be placed over the coals to elevate the tray and stop burning on the bottom but not essential.
- In the disposable tray, add your chips, salsa, toppings and spread grated cheese all over the top. Experiment and make a few layers by repeating the ingredients.
- Place aluminium foil over the top of your tray.
- Place the tray on the coals (or grid if you have one) for approximately 10 minutes and wait for the cheese to melt.
- Serve and add sour cream and guacamole on the top.