In an event of a Caravan/RV incident, the cost of potential loss can be huge and leave a dent in your finances. Caravan/RV Insurance is a way of managing the risks involved with travelling on the open road, and having ‘peace of mind’.
If you are planning to purchase your first RV OR is an existing RV owner, it is important to have adequate insurance protection.
Depending on your policy level, RV insurance often covers, but not limited to the following:
- Storm, hail and flood
- Accidental damage
- Malicious damage
- Fire and explosion
- Electrical motor burnout for electrical machines or appliances that form part of your RV
- New RV replacement
- Temporary accommodation if your RV is unliveable after an accident
- Costs of towing and storage of your RV Vehicle after an accident
- Emergency expenses as a result of damage to your RV
- Legal liability
Finding an Caravan/RV Insurance provider
Visit Caravan/RV Insurance websites
Research and learn what insurance policy options are available. Here are some CCIA Member businesses that provide insurance:
- CIL Insurance
- Let’s Go Caravan Insurance
- APIA (Caravan Insurance / Motorhome Insurance)
- Manufactured Homes Insurance Agency
- Camplify Co
- Insurance Australia Group
Talk to your dealer
If you are purchasing from a dealer, enquire what insurance products they offer.
Visit our CCIA Caravan and Camping Shows
- Call the RV Insurance Provider
List out your requirements on paper on what you would like to be covered for before contacting the RV Insurance Provider.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement before purchasing insurance policy
The Product Disclosure Statement is a document that contains information about benefits, risks, claim limits, exclusions and how the claims process works relating to the financial product/policy.