Be indulgent this winter and treat your family and friends around the campfire by upgrading the traditional marshmellow……Australia Style.
SMORES = marshmallows + chocolate + Oreo Biscuits
+ sticks + campfire
Wikipedia describes Smores as a – “traditional night-time campfire treat” and made up of “roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker”.
S’Mores is a camping treat you hear a lot about when reading stories from the USA, but here in Australia, it’s not as popular but all you need is:
Such a simple, easy to prepare treat that will have them coming back for more.
- 8 Oreos
- 8 marshmallows
- 3 Chocolate Bars
- Twist each Oreo to separate into two chocolate wafers. (Keep the filling on one side).
- Break chocolate bars into small pieces. (Allow at least 2 squares per Smores).
- Toast marshmallows over a fire until golden with a stick or similar.
- Sandwich toasted marshmallows with chocolate and Oreo halves.
- Wait at least 30 secs for the marshmallow to melt the chocolate.