Port Stephens is a wonderful beach escape with natural beauty, beautiful sandy beaches and freshly caught seafood.
A perfect place to escape and experience the resident bottlenose dolphins, enjoy fun water sports, explore giant sand dunes and savour delicious waterfront places to eat.
Top 10 Port Stephens Highlights:
- Tackle the Stockton Beach sand dunes – form the largest sand dune system in Australia
- Climb to the Tomaree Head Summit – a 60-minute return walk
- Cast away on Broughton Island – sandy beaches, volcanic peaks and vegetation packed with wildlife
- Discover Port Stephens Lighthouse & Fingal Island.
- Explore the underwater world at Fly Point – easy access shore snorkel that is part of the Port Stephens – Great Lakes Marine Park.
- Uncover Fingal Spit – a temporary land bridge
- Watch the sun dip at Sunset Beach
- Take to the high seas – catch a ferry to stunning Tea Gardens and Hawks Nest
- Frolic with a pod of dolphins – Port Stephens is home to over 140 resident bottlenose dolphins – the pristine inlet in the vast Port Stephens-Great Lakes Marine Park is twice the size of Sydney Harbour. Whale watching experiences also available.
- See a Koala in its natural environment – visit the Tilligerry Habitat Reserve .