Simple to make and easy to eat.
These bars are a luxury nibble for those times when you are have done a big walk or simply feel like spoiling yourself.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes: approx 12 bars
275g chocolate, roughly chopped (you can use dark, milk or white)
4 tbsp golden syrup
175g biscuits (e.g. Arnott’s Nice biscuits)
4 tbsp rice bubbles
2 tbsp chopped nuts
50g dried fruit (such as raisins or chopped dried apricots)
25g chocolate, to decorate the bars (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, place the chocolate (whatever type you choose to use), butter and golden syrup.
- Place the mixing bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir the chocolate mixture until it has melted.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces and stir them into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the rice bubbles, nuts and dried fruit.
- Line an 18cm square (or similar) baking tin with either baking paper or plastic wrap.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the tray and smooth the top with a long knife.
- Place the tin into the fridge or cold box and chill for a couple of hours.
To decorate the top:
- Melt the chocolate for the decoration over a pan of simmering water.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the half-set chocolate in the tin; drizzle this in a random pattern.
- Allow the decorations to set (into the fridge again with the tray).
- Finally, turn the chocolate out of the tin and cut it into bars.
The bars will last in your fridge or chiller for at least a couple of weeks.
Handy Hint: You can use either dark, milk or white chocolate for these bars. Alternate to decorate the top.