The half million-dollar project to construct a new Urunga Sea Lido is now underway.
Located just south of Coffs Harbour on the Bellinger River and adjacent to the Reflections Urangu Holiday Park is the new development for the Urunga Sea Lido which will bring this beautiful waterside town to its full potential.
The original tidal pool, known as the Urunga Sea Lido, was an enclosed swimming area built in the mid-1970s. It was demolished in 1999 when its deterioration made it a safety and financial liability but with a recent grant from the NSW Government construction has been underway.
Reflections Holiday Parks CEO Steve Edmonds said the Urunga community could celebrate with some early Spring swimming, with the 40-metre jetty, two floating pontoons and two beach access ramps expected to be completed by mid-August.
– A 40-metre long jetty boardwalk with access directly from the grassed area adjacent to a newly-constructed beach retaining wall.
– An attached floating pontoon with an aluminium ramp access located adjacent to the boardwalk together with stainless steel ladder access.
– A separate floating pontoon located approximately 25 metres from the jetty boardwalk.
– Viewing platform at the end of the jetty boardwalk.
– Two beach access ramps to the beach and swimming area.
“It has been twenty years since the original infrastructure had to be removed and we are proud to be able to bring new life to this swimming area opposite our Urunga Holiday Park,” Mr Edmonds said.