A perfect Spring lunch – easy to prepare.
1/3 cup rogan josh curry paste
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1.5kg lamb rump steak – cut into 2.5cm pieces
300g snap peas
1.5 cups frozen peas
¼ cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp brown mustard seeds
2 small celery sticks – sliced thinned
250g mixed cherry tomatoes – halved
3 shallots – sliced thinned
1/3 cup mint leaves
2 tbsp flacked coconut
1 cup Greek-styled yoghurt
- Combine paste with half each of the oil and juice in a large bowl. Add lamb to paste mixture and season.
- Thread lamb onto skewers, cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Cook snap peas and peas in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender, wash, drain and place in a bowl.
- Toast sunflower, sesame and mustard seeds in a frying pan until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add celery, tomatos, shallots, mint, coconut and remaining oil and lemon juice to the bowl of peas. Toss and season.
- Cook lamb on a heated oil grilled plate for approximately 8 mins or until browned and cooked as desired.
- Serve lamb with salad and yogurt.
Tip: Recipe can be made to the end of step 4, up to 3 hours ahead.