Austin Tourist Park
The Austin Tourist Park is a family owned and operated business situated on 10 acres on the banks of the Peel River at Tamworth. The park is just 7 minutes from the main street of Tamworth on the New England Highway (sometimes marked as Armidale Road).
We have a range of accommodation to suit any budget. Our cabin range start at our Standard Cabins without an ensuite, suitable for the budget conscious traveller, up to our spacious Holiday Cabins suitable with all linen provided to the beds, an ensuite and a well-equipped kitchen, complete with dishwasher and stove. We can accommodate every size of caravan, motorhomes or tent on our powered and unpowered drive-thru and riverside grassy sites.
Our facilities include a swimming pool, a 7 day, coin operated laundry with washing machines and dryers, playground, and a dump point. Across the road is a Caltex Service station that offers basic groceries, as well as fuel and gas.
- Kids Pedal Kart Hire (free if you stay 3 nights or more)
- Board Games Hire
- Pool Games in swimming weather
- Fire Pits Allowed (Rules apply – contact the office for more details)
- Pets on sites or cabin verandahs (let us know so we can make sure there is plenty of room).
- Rules – under some kind of control, clean up after them and minimise the noise
- We can take pets of all sizes and shapes – just contact the office to arrange the right amount of room!
- We understand that everyone’s needs are different. Give us a call so we discuss how best to give you a great holiday!