Looking for something quick and easy but offers a great taste, then consider a Frittata.
This simple recipe can be adapted to suit your taste and can be cooked on a stove top or over a campfire for any time of the day.
1 chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup of diced ham or bacon
¼ cup chives
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp oregano
1 or 2 tsp minced garlic
- Mix all the eggs together in a bowl and whip for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fry onion, add mushrooms and ham, stir and when reasonably cooked.
- Add garlic, basil, and oregano and sauté one or two more minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for one more minute.
- Add the eggs and let cook until the top just starts to harden.
- Add a lid to the pan and place about 10 coals on top and cook until top is hardened and eggs are cooked through.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Remove coals from lid and place lid back on for about 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with chives sprinkled on top.
Serves 4 people.