Here are a few ideas to keep the kids (and adults) entertained around the campsite.
Bobbing for Grapes
- Present each person with a bowl of whipped cream in which 5 grapes are buried.
- On the word ‘Go’, players must find the grapes and eat them – but without using their hands.
- First one to eat all 5 grapes is the winner.
- Fill up ten balloons and see if your camping guests can catch them – without breaking them.
- Add a messy touch by replacing water with whipped cream.
Who Is It?
- Players stand in a circle, with one person in the middle.
- Blindfold this player, then spin on the spot three times.
- On ‘Go’, this player must walk out towards someone in the circle and ask “Who is it?”
- The tagged person needs to reply, saying anything, only in a weird voice
- If the blindfolded player correctly guesses who it is, both players swap over
- If not, the blindfolded person carries on, until they make a match.
- Everybody is given their own inflated balloon and a minute to draw a face with a marker pen.
- The balloon is then covered in whipped cream.
- On ‘Go’, players now shave their balloon using a plastic knife.
- Whoever shaves successfully – without popping the balloon – wins.
Campfire Stories with a Twist
- Sit in a circle and ask everyone to write 10 nouns (e.g. people, places, things) on 10 slips of paper. For example: garlic, boomerang, firefighter or make is scary by adding bat, werewolf, ghost
- Shuffle the papers in a bowl.
- Pick someone to start telling a story, giving them a minute to do so.
- When time is up, a new person continues- but must first pick a piece of paper from the bowl.
- They now incorporate whatever’s written on the paper into the story. Again, they get a minute, before passing to the next player.