Easy to prepare and even easier to cook.
- 1kg skinless chicken pieces
- 1 diced onion
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 sliced celery sticks
- 1 packet of French onion soup
- 1 large can of apricot halves in nectar (drain apricot halves and put aside for later)
- 4 medium potatoes
- Aluminium Foil
- Dig a hole next to your camp fire. Fill with hot coals so that camp oven sits a few inches above the ground.
- Place chicken pieces in camp oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients, including nectar, pour over chicken and stir well and cover with lid.
- Shovel a few coals onto camp oven lid.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Wash and poke each potato several times all over with a fork.
- Smear each potato with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Double wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Bury the potatoes in the hot coal.
- Allow to cook for 30 to 60 minutes until soft.
- Add apricot halves and stir through before serving..