It’s easy and simple to prepare.
4 large mushrooms chopped coarsely
80g baby spinach leaves
12 cherry tomatoes
2 slices sourdough bread – torn coarsely
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare fire for camp oven (or oven).
- Cook sausages in a frying pan over a medium heat for approx.. 6 mins.
- Remove sausages from pan and cut into chunks.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add mushrooms and butter – cook, stirring 1 in or until tender.
- Add ¾ of spinach and stir until just wilted.
- Return sausages to pan and stir in tomatoes.
- Make two indents/spaces in mixture and carefully break an egg into each one.
- Add season i.e. salt, pepper (optional).
- Add bread on top .
- Cook for 10 mins until egg whites are set and bread is golden.
- Top with remaining spinach and parmesan cheese.
Tip: if bread is not crisp, place it in a dry frying pan and cook until golden all over.
Prep & cook time: 20 mins