WARNING! Delicious and evil recipe that everyone will love.
A simple and easy to prepare yummy treat that can be cooked is a pan over the open fire.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in small pieces (alternative use a can of apple pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45ml) milk
- Dash of vanilla essence
- 10-12 toast bread slices
- 1/3 cup (67g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter, for cooking
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Cream or ice cream (optional)
- Place apple pieces, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low-heat for about 3 minutes, until apples start to soften. Transfer apples into a bowl and set aside to cool until ready to use.
- In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs with milk and vanilla and set aside.
- Remove crust from each slice of bread and flatten using a rolling pin.
- Add about 1-2 tsp of apples and roll up each slice tightly and place seam side down.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Dip each roll in egg mixture and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and roll immediately into the sugar cinnamon mixture, until completely covered.
- Serve warm and with maple syrup, cream or ice cream.
French Toast Roll-Ups can be made with various fillings, so just let your imagination find the perfect filling for your breakfast, dessert or snack.
Consider making savory rolls like using cheese, ham or bacon and vegetable as filling.
Makes 10-12 roll-ups.