Grilled Prawns with Creamy Onion Sauce
½ a cup of Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion Dip.
12 green whole prawns.
1 large zucchini, cut into ribbons (you can do this with a vegetable peeler)
½ a cup of milk
1-2 tsp of hot chilli sauce (optional)
1 tbsp of chopped basil, + extra for garnish
2 packet papadams
To cook the prawns:
- Skewer the prawns onto 2 skewers (one skewer near the tail and one near the head – this makes it easier to handle).
- Under a grill on a foil-lined tray, or on a BBQ, spray the prawns well with olive oil.
- Cook until they turn orange and begin to char before turning for the same effect on the other side.
To Make the Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, bring the dip, milk, basil and chilli sauce, (optional) to a low simmer.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Arrange the zucchini ribbons on half of a large platter.
- Place the cooked prawn skewers on top.
- Pour the sauce over the prawns & zucchini.
- Microwave the 2 papadams for 40 seconds (or as per packet instructions) until crisp and crumble in your hands.
- Sprinkle the crunchy pappadam pieces over the prawns, along with extra basil leaves & enjoy!
Tzatziki Potato Salad
600g desiree potatoes, skin on
½ cup Tzatziki dip
½ cup frozen peas
1 tbsp finely diced dill
1-2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise (optional)
2 tsp lemon zest
Salt and Pepper
- Slice potatoes in half and then each half into quarters. Place potatoes in a pot of cold water on the stove and bring it to boil over medium high-heat. Once the water is boiling, reduce to low-medium heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes – the potatoes are ready when you can pierce them with a fork easily.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whilst waiting for the potatoes to cool down, bring a small pot of water to boil on the stove and add the peas. Cook for two minutes before draining the peas in a colander. Place the colander under a running tap of cold water briefly to cool the peas down and stop the cooking process.
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, place them in a bowl with the drained peas, Tzatziki dip, dill and mayonnaise (if using) before gently mixing everything together. Season with salt and pepper and gently mix again.
- Refrigerate the salad till chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with lemon zest.