Slide On Campers
These are a great 3 in 1 combination that includes a vehicle, camper and the ability to tow.
Slide On Campers are more compact then a motorhome or caravan. With a caravan type body the unit slides on and is secured to the bed or tray of a utility, creating a lighter and more economical travelling set-up.
Slide On campers are demountable campers designed to turn your everyday ute into a recreational vehicle. One of the major benefits of the Slide On Campers is their ability to tow if you are seeking to travel with boats, motorbikes or even a horse trailer giving wide flexibility.
They have legs or jacks that lift the van so the ute can reverse under it to be secured. Whilst they still have the comfort of a motorhome or caravan they are designed for off-road travel to reach the places that the larger vehicles can’t and have the benefit of being able to tow while travelling. They can also be parked on built-in jacks to enable separate use of the ute.
Designed to suit either flat tray utes or full-bodied utes, they come in many different sizes and configurations.
Slide-On Campers provides compact comfort and is easy to set up, and is most suitable for couples and singles.
Things to consider
- The ability to tow items such as boats, motorbikes, trailers etc
- Less fuel consumption than towing a caravan
- Can be custom made for most utes and can also be removed.
- More compact than a motorhome or caravan
- Can be slightly top heavy
- Potentially too small for travelling for a long duration
- Will place extra weight on your trucks axles therefore impacting on the vehicle’s performance and legality
Preparing To Buy
Visit a NSW Caravan & Camping Expos
Head to one of our amazing Caravan and Camping shows where you will see everything on display in one convenient place. Find the next show here
Talk to a CCIA Member
CCIA Members are specialists in Recreational Vehicles and can help to direct you to right vehicle that suits your needs and budget. Find your closest member